The alleged match-fixing scandal involving goalkeeper Patrick Matasi has taken a fresh twist after FIFA stepped in and requested information from the Football Kenya Federation (FKF).The controversy erupted last week when undated videos surfaced, purportedly capturing Matasi discussing plans to fix an unnamed match.In the footage, he is allegedly instructed to concede two goals in the first half in exchange for an unspecified sum of money or favours.##NAJAVA_MECA_8823503##In response, FKF launched an investigation, subsequently suspending Matasi for 90 days.The federation also sought the intervention of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) to probe the scandal, which has cast a shadow over the integrity of both league and national team matches.FIFA has officially taken an interest in the case. In a letter to FKF, the world football governing body’s integrity department requested detailed information on the ongoing investigation and extended its support in resolving the issue.The Confederation of African Football (CAF) is also actively monitoring the developments.”FIFA has contacted FKF, seeking details on the investigation and offering assistance. CAF is also aware of the situation, keeping a close eye on updates from the federation,” a source privy to the matter told Mozzart Sport.Gor Mahia coach desperate for Benson Omala’s scoring instinctsDespite the allegations, Matasi’s club, Kakamega Homeboyz FC, has stood by their goalkeeper.Club chairman Cleophas Shimanyula acknowledged that concerns about Matasi’s past had been raised before signing him in January, but he emphasized the importance of second chances.“We are not entertaining these claims unless they happened while he was with us. When we signed Matasi mid-season, there were already rumors about his conduct. But I believe in giving people second chances. Our instructions to him were clear—we wanted him to focus on his job here, and he has done exactly that,” Shimanyula said.FKF reveals dates for Annual General MeetingMatasi, for his part, has denied any involvement, insisting that he is not the individual in the video.Through his club boss, he dismissed the allegations, saying he does not recognize the person filmed.”When the first video surfaced on Wednesday night, I sent it to him, and he said he did not know of it. When I shared the second part with him this morning (Thursday), he maintained that it was not him in the footage. He is shocked by these videos,” Shimanyula added.Stars Abroad: Marcelo features in Rakow’s vital win over Zagłębie
